Monday, March 23, 2009

Weekend Stuff

We all have come to know and accept that the only thing I do on here these days are my weekends in review...so here we go....

Friday Mark took the day off of work - which surprised me since he was gone Monday - Wednesday in Connecticut for their annual spring meeting. It was the start of the NCAA tournament - and Syracuse was playing at noon, and he wasn't going to miss the game. I had originally planned to take 1/2 day - but I had so much going on, and didn't get the work done that I wanted to for the week - so I met up with him at Southside for a long lunch...Syracuse won!!! And then headed back to work to finish up. Went back home and got Mark, and we stopped down at Overwood for a couple drinks w/ Julia & Michelle. Decided to go home and make pizza for dinner. Caught a couple more of the b-ball games, and then called it a night.

Saturday morning neither of us went into work - which was nice! We got up and went to the gym. Ran errands on our way home - stopping at Lowe's to get some mulch & soil...got some new potting soil for my Orchid...then stopped at the nursery and picked up a couple of azalea bushes. And pretty much spent the rest of the day working on jobs outside. I weeded everything out front - and am hoping for nice weather the weekend of the 4th so I can start planting flowers for the family. Went for a little run...it was a little chilly outside, so I decided just to run around the neighborhood since I couldn't get warmed up...I did run to Kohl's to see if I could find anything to wear for Jenna's shower this weekend...Did find a dress that I'll save for a wedding, as well as a skirt - but need to find a better top for it. Decided to make lasagna for dinner - which turned out very yummy. Rolf had called up to see if we wanted to go into Old Town for dinner - but the lasagna was already in the oven - so he came over and ate with us...Finished off a bottle of wine and a couple of beers - a good night!

Sunday morning got up and went to Church. Since Syracuse was playing at noon - I decided to go to St. Louis so I could get home a little earlier so we'd make it to the gym. Haven't been there in awhile, and know why I switched. I knew I was in trouble when I got there and a bunch of people were waiting outside because the other Mass hadn't let out yet. Anyways, got home from that and we went to the gym. Got home and biked to Southside. It's a good little extra workout, and we didn't have to worry about driving home after the game. Syracuse beat Arizona State - Sweet Sixteen baby!!!!!!! Biked home, again made it up the hill! Probably looked funny, barely moving, but I made it. Ran to Lowe's so Mark could get some grass seed & stuff - and he planted that. Grilled burgers for dinner, mmmm - springtime is coming! Watched some more of the basketball games....made my usual Sunday phone calls - and that was about my Sunday!

No comments: