Monday, August 3, 2009

Boring but GREAT weekend!!

Had a pretty uneventful weekend. But had a GREAT ending to it!!!

Friday we met up with Kristin. She's been working in Alexandria at a summer camp, and figured to avoid sitting in Friday afternoon traffic she'd meet up with us. She came on by, and Mark actually left work a little early - or early for him, and he was home around 5:45. We decided to go to The Light Horse. It worked out well though because Kristin made a comment when we were sitting at home that she'd be up for dinner and really didn't need a beer. It was good catching up with her.

Saturday morning we got up. Mark went into work for awhile, and I ran to Kohl's. My watch battery had died so I figured why not get a new one with the gift cards that mom & dad got for my for my birthday. I got a pretty good deal on one...It was a $275 watch and I ended up spending $140 for it, and also got $20 to spend later! The watch was on sale...then I had a 15% off coupon...and then he gave me another 10% off because I had to go back up to get a couple links removed. Not that bad of a deal! I was going to go to the grocery store and go for a run, but Mark had called and he was on his way home. Made some lunch, and then we went to the gym. Went running on our way home - which went well again since I ran behind Mark. Didn't do anything the rest of the day. I grilled some of my pizza for dinner, and then we watched a movie - Seven Pounds. Rolf came knocking on our door wanting to know if we wanted to go out for Ethan's 21st but we were pretty much done for the night.

Sunday morning got up, I went to Church. It was a gloomy, rainy morning. We really didn't do much of anything all day. We did make it to the gym, and since it was crappy hour we did the elliptical there. We did go to Sears so Mark could use his gift cards...and stopped at the grocery store together. But other than that.

Sunday night I did take a pregnancy test and confirmed my gut feeling! I wanted to call everyone up and tell them, but Mark thought maybe I should wait until I saw the Doctor. I figured it'd have to be before Thursday since I'm planning to get together with Susie & Nicole, and know that I'd say something to them seeing how I wouldn't be ordering a beer at Happy Hour. I am very excited about this all! But don't want to get too excited until I go to the Doctor...and until I get a little further along. I do think (or at least I hope - Mark is pretty excited about it as well. Once I took the test, it was kind of like, well now what?!

No comments: