So I broke the news to the family last night!!
For mom, dad, and Mark's parents I had made a little on-line photo album book on Mixbook. I had started to work on in Sunday night, then finished it up on Monday. I titled it "Mark and Heather through the years" and it went through traveling together...Syracuse...drinking together...our engagement & wedding...the millions of weddings we've been too...and then I had a page that said "Heather and Mark start their next chapter in life together..." and you flip the page and it says "Coming soon in April of 2010" and I put a picture of the pregnancy test on it.
It was killing me though, I called home and got no answer...so I texted Allison to see where she was - she was at a thing for Church - so I wrote her back and asked her if mom was with her, and she said no...So I called home again, and again...and then texted Dad to see what he was doing, and didn't get any response. Finally at 9:00 he wrote back and said that they were on their way back home from coffee with the Moses. I gave them about 5 minutes, and called back home and dad finally answered. I asked him if the computer was on, and told him I wanted mom & him to look at something that I made for Mark for his birthday. Went downstairs and e-mailed them link. I had such a huge smile on my face, and had such a nervous-excitement to me...It was cute listening to them going through all the pictures...And then they flipped to the page that broke the news and mom started screaming, 'oh my gosh, oh my gosh' then she started crying, and wasn't saying anything, and finally announces "I'm going to be a grandma!" and then gave the phone to dad because she had to go to the bathroom. It was a great way to break the news to them!!!! I talked to them for just a couple minutes and then told them I'll talk to them later because I had to call everyone else and break the news.
Called Mark's parents next. They must have thought it was weird that I was calling them, but told them I wanted to show them something that I made for Mark for his birthday...And did the same thing. It was fun listening to them on the phone reminiscing about all the pictures...'Ah, that's my favorite picture of the 2 of you...." And it was the same reaction once they flipped the page, they got all excited!!!!
Ashley was next. I don't know why, but as soon as she answered the phone I started to laugh. I think I was thinking back to every single phone call I've had with her, and she goes "Why are you calling me?" Or "Do you have something to tell me?" And I tried to ask her how she felt if she shared the same birthday as one of her nieces or nephews...and I think I finally got it through to her, and she goes "Why are you asking me this?" And I told her I'm pregnant...She goes, 'You better not be lying to me. If you're lying to me...And she was all excited. And I told her if she didn't believe me, then call mom and ask her...she ended up doing that...
So I tried Allison next, and got no answer...So then it was Rob. He answered, and I think his first thought was why are you calling me so late...And I asked him how he'd feel about being an uncle? And he was very excited for us! Talked to him and then Jenna for a bit.
Then tried Allison again - and still got no answer. And while talking to Ashley, it dawned on me that I had Chris' phone number, so I called him, and was like, Hi Chris, this is Heather - are you with Allison? I think he was very confused as to who Heather was and why she was calling. But I asked her too how she felt about being an aunt, and she too was very excited!!
No comments:
Post a Comment