Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Earthquake

I'm sure everyone has heard about the earthquake we had yesterday...

We were just finishing up with a meeting with one of our subcontractors in our conference room. (It was like 10 to 2:00) We heard a truck backing up (his back up alarm went off) and felt a little shake. We looked out the window thinking maybe he backed into the trailer - but when the shaking got a little stronger we all realized that we were experiencing an earthquake. We just kind of sat there, and before you knew it, it was over. Mark called me right away and asked if I just had felt that - so sure enough we knew it was an earthquake.

I kept waiting to feel some aftershocks, but I never did feel anything. They did say there were a couple, but must not have been that big.

I called up daycare, and they said everyone was okay there. They took them outside right after it happened, probably making sure there was no damage to the building. But the rest of the day went on as normal...

No comments: