Wednesday, December 28, 2011

30 Week Check-up

Dilemma - should I post about our Christmas back home in NY first?  Or my 30 week update post? 

Jim is sleeping now and will probably be waking up real soon - I'll do my 30 week check-up which was today.  I'm off this week, so Jim is staying home from daycare as well.  Which meant we both got to go to the appointment together.  I wasn't sure how he was going to do - but he was perfect! 

The midwife asked me how I managed not to gain any weight over the holidays.  I think I stayed the same weight since I wasn't wearing jeans or my work boots.  That probably adds a good couple of pounds.  All was well at my appointment though - blood pressure was right on track.  I passed my glucose test (with flying colors per the midwife...)  She said you want to be under 100, and I was at a 96!  She measured me, and I forgot to ask what I measured at this week (we were talking about Buffalo, that's where she's from...)  All in all a good appointment.  I go back in another 2 weeks.

She did think that the baby was breech.  Which is completely fine with me.  I almost want the baby to give me a sign like that - if he's breech than he's telling me I wasn't meant for a VBAC...or if I don't go into labor on my own, it wasn't meant to be.  It'll help make my decision a little easier.  Don't get me wrong, I definitely want to try for a VBAC, but the last thing I want is to be in the hospital and in labor for hours on end, just to end up with a C-section...

And with that, I'll leave you with a picture from Christmas Eve...

No comments: