Thursday, December 1, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Had a wonderful Thanksgiving break!!!  It was great going back home and visiting with everyone.

Mark & I were both able to work half a day on Wednesday...I picked Jim up and met Mark at his office, and we hit the road.  I was really worried that traffic was going to stuck, since they always say the day before Thanksgiving is one of the worst travel days.  But surprisingly it wasn't all that bad.  We avoided 270 since they said it was already backing up, and went out the toll road to 15.  Made it up to Mark's parents around 9:00, just in time for the Syracuse basketball game.

We had a happy Thanksgiving on Thursday - heading over to the Kushner's for a very yummy dinner!!  (Gotta love the elastic on my maternity pants :) )  It was a lot of fun having two little ones running around.  Spent the day in Castile on Friday.  We went and helped them cut down their Christmas tree.  Jim wasn't quite to sure what to think about it at first.  I think he was starting to fall asleep in the car, so he was woken up from his 3 minute cat nap...and it was pretty windy when we got out of the car.  But once he was there for a bit he had a blast running around all the trees.  We ordered pizza for dinner and watched the Syracuse game, and then made our way to Buffalo.

Spent the weekend in Buffalo enjoying each other's company!  It was nice that we were all together this year.  Even though it wasn't for Thanksgiving day itself...Saturday morning we attempted to take Jim to see Santa, but he didn't want to get close to him this year.  There were no tears!  But as we got closer to him, Jim kept shaking his head no.  I sat down next to Santa and held Jim on my lap, but he wanted down right away.  Maybe next year.  We went to 4:00 Mass, and enjoyed some yummy brisket that Dad & Rob smoked during the day.

Sunday was another day of just hanging out.  We ate a yummy breakfast...said good-bye to Rob & Jenna who made their way back home to Pittsburgh...and spent the day playing with Jim!  He had a ball running back and forth with his lawn mower and his vacuum.

Mark & I took the day off on Monday, so we made our drive back home then.  It was nice to be in Buffalo all weekend long and not having to get up early Sunday to hit the road.  Jim did pretty good on the ride home, considering he was stuck in his carseat for 8 hours.  It was gorgeous outside when we got home, so he enjoyed running around out back, helping Mark rake up all the leaves!

All in all it was a great Thanksgiving.  I will have to get some pictures uploaded when I am home...  

No comments: